Building a Fully Louvered Deck Railing
FLEX•fence fully louvered deck railing
The drawings are to be used as a guide only.
- 2/kits FLEX•fence
- 4/pcs.- 2″x4″x37 ¾”
- 2/pcs. – 2″x4″x 72″
- 9/pcs. – 1″x6″x 20 ½”
- 10/pcs. – 1″x6″x36 ¾”
- 1″ finishing nails
- 4/pcs. – wood plugs (optional)
- Exterior grade carpenter’s glue
- Measuring Tape
- #1 Robertson Screw Driver-Green Handle or (Philips Screw Driver)
- #2 Robertson Screw Drive-Red Handle (Philips Screw Driver)
- Hand Saw
- Combination Square
- Protective Eyewear
- Drill with appropriate bits & counter sink bit
- Router with decorative bits
- Power saws – Mitre & Skill
- Cut one kit of FLEX•fence rails into 2 sections each measuring 22″ (Make the first cut 3″ from 1st pre-punched hole).
- When sizing FLEX•fence always cut the rails and operating bar with hand tools and never with power tools.
- When attaching the FLEX•fence brackets onto the rails allow for the brackets to move freely (swivel). Do not over tighten!
- Always wear protective goggles.