Building a Louvered Window Awning
FLEX•fence louvered window awning measuring 4′ x 3′
The drawings are to be used as a guide only.
- 1/kit FLEX•fence
- 2/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 51″ OR – 2″ x 3″ x 51″
- 2/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 36″ OR – 2″ x 3″ x 36″
- 8/pcs. – 1″ x 6″ x 45″
- 2/FLEX·Awning Brackets (could substitute with your own wood brackets)
- 4/pcs. – 5/16th x 4″ carriage bolts with appropriate nuts and washers
- 4/pcs – ¼” x 3″ expansion anchors (depending on wall construction)
- 8/pcs. – #8 – 2″ wood screws
- 4/pcs. – wood plugs (optional)
- 2/pcs. – 3/16th x 1 ¾” machine eyebolts with appropriate nuts, washers and t-nuts
- Carpenter’s glue
- Measuring Tape
- #1 Robertson Screw Driver-Green Handle or (Philips Screw Driver)
- #2 Robertson Screw Drive-Red Handle (Philips -Screw Driver)
- Hand Saw
- Drill with appropriate bits & counter sink bit
- Combination Square
- Protective Eyewear
- Router with decorative bits
- Power saws – Mitre & skill or table saw
- When attaching the FLEX•fence brackets onto the rails allow for the brackets to move freely (swivel). Do not over tighten!
- When sizing FLEX•fence always cut the rails and operating bar with hand tools and never with power tools.
- Always wear protective goggles.