Building a Post Railing
FLEX•fence post railing
The drawings are to be used as a guide only.
- 2/kits FLEX•fence
- 2/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 34″
- 4/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 10″
- 6/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 35¼”
- 10/pcs. – 1″ x 6″ x 31″
- 4/pcs. – 4″ x 4″ x 43¼”
- 4/pcs. – Post tops (optional)
- 33/pcs. – #8-2″ wood screws
- 1″ finishing nails
- Exterior grade carpenter’s glue
- Measuring Tape
- #1 Robertson Screw Driver-Green Handle or (Philips Screw Driver)
- #2 Robertson Screw Drive-Red Handle (Philips Screw Driver)
- Hand Saw
- Combination Square
- Protective Eyewear
- Drill with appropriate bits & counter sink bit
- Router with decorative bits
- Power saws – Mitre & Skill
- When attaching the FLEX•fence brackets onto the rails allow for the brackets to move freely (swivel). Do not over tighten!
- When sizing FLEX•fence always cut the rails and operating bar with hand tools and never with power tools.
- Always wear protective goggles.