Building a Louvered Post Railing
This plan for a louvered post railing is also one of our favorites. You can also look at a number of louvered fences in our Showcase area. And don’t forget to read Howie’s Tips, at the bottom of the page, before you get going.
FLEXfence post railing
The drawings are to be used as a guide only.
- 2/kits FLEXfence
- 2/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 34″
- 4/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 10″
- 6/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 35¼”
- 10/pcs. – 1″ x 6″ x 31″
- 4/pcs. – 4″ x 4″ x 43¼”
- 4/pcs. – Post tops (optional)
- 33/pcs. – #8-2″ wood screws
- 1″ finishing nails
- Exterior grade carpenter’s glue
- Measuring Tape
- #1 Robertson Screw Driver-Green Handle or (Philips Screw Driver)
- #2 Robertson Screw Drive-Red Handle (Philips Screw Driver)
- Hand Saw
- Combination Square
- Protective Eyewear
- Drill with appropriate bits & counter sink bit
- Router with decorative bits
- Power saws – Mitre & Skill
- When attaching the FLEXfence brackets onto the rails allow for the brackets to move freely (swivel). Do not over tighten!
- When sizing FLEXfence always cut the rails and operating bar with hand tools and never with power tools.
- Always wear protective goggles.