Louvered pergolas look great! And here is the plan on how to build one. Pergolas are hot right now! And have a read of Howie’s Tips before you get going. He’s always helpful.
FLEXfence louvered pergola
The drawings are to be used as a guide only.
- 9/kits FLEXfence
- 4/pcs. – FLEX•Post brackets (optional)
- 4/pcs. – 4″ x 4″ x 12′
- 4/pcs. – 2″ x 6″ x 14′
- 2/pcs. – 2″ x 6″ x 12′
- 2/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 12′
- 6/pcs. – 2″ x 4″ x 46″
- 99/pcs. – 1″ x 6″ x 44 ¾”
- 56/pcs. – #8-2″ wood screws
- 1″ finishing nails
- 18/pcs. – 3/16th x 1 ¾” machine eyebolts with appropriate nuts, washers and t-nuts
- 18/pcs -Rope or dowels with hooks to operate the louvers
- Exterior grade carpenter’s glue
- Measuring Tape
- #1 Robertson Screw Driver-Green Handle or (Philips Screw Driver)
- #2 Robertson Screw Drive-Red Handle (Philips Screw Driver)
- Hand Saw
- Combination Square
- Protective Eyewear
- Drill with appropriate bits & counter sink bit
- Router with decorative bits
- Power saws – Mitre & Skill
- When attaching the FLEXfence brackets onto the rails allow for the brackets to move freely (swivel). Do not over tighten!
- When sizing FLEXfence always cut the rails and operating bar with hand tools and never with power tools.
- Always wear protective goggles.